Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Happy 4th!



Learning to knit. Intently, learning to knit. The bird that is. I have been knitting since high school when Aunt Elva and Aunt Katty taught me.  I am taking my knitting onto the front porch in a bit and relaxing in the warmth of this July 4th, while I rock my afternoon away. All winter long, I wait for the moments I am off from the shops and can knit outdoors. There is something that brings me such peace and relaxation when I can escape and just knit. I would head to the beach but crowds, and I am sure there are a bunch, are not my thing on a holiday.

On the shop side, and I will get pictures eventually, we have new Cascade yarns in stock in colors just made for summer & fall. New Fixation yarn is in stock now too and I remain obsessed with knitting with it. I like the elastic running through it and am making gifts for the holidays already! My under the bed finished knitting projects box is getting full again! I need to make more friends to give it all away to. The good news is someone on my friends list is going to become a grandma again and that means... baby knitting!!! Fixation is perfect for that!


Just a sampling of an awesome new color!


Our shop hours are now extended and we are open every day from 11:00 to 5:30. You will most likely find us there earlier and later. Feel free to call if you need us to hang out and wait for you. We know the ferry and traffic can hold you up and we do not want you to suffer yarn emergencies. Buy yarn from us and we will never leave you wanting for help, advice or yarn! 

P.S. We are open today, the 4th until 5:30. Stop on in!! Happy 4th!!!

No comments: